Using digital assets to achieve business goals
When we talk about digital there are two aspects to consider. Firstly, the operational and communication type we use in business such as social media, websites, apps, film, software and digital marketing. The second is innovation and cutting-edge technologies that can transform the arts and culture you make and how it is shared. Both can be present opportunities for any organisation and managed easily with right mind-set.
To become a digital leader, you don’t need to understand how each, and every technology works. You do however need to adopt an open mind and always have the mantra of ‘what can data for me’.
You’ll also need to stay informed of digital developments and understand if your existing digital activities are measured and yielding results. By nurturing a healthy attitude to digital we can help you grow.
Digital Leadership Framework
We believe the following framework is a great guide for managing the digital ambitions of leaders and is a great way to nurture this leadership talent:
- Vision. Leaders must cultivate a culture focused on generating multiple digital revenue streams and identify new use cases linked to emerging technologies with clear risk-management approaches in place.
- Simplification and Integration. It’s critical that companies put in place an enterprise digital platform infrastructure in place to support a digital organisation and its activities.
- Ecosystem. Leaders must build an external customer focused solution that is tailored to their organisational needs. Investing in greater interconnectivity across their business can produce significant impact in terms of working more digitally with their partners and customers.
- Data-driven business. Digital transformation requires that organisations look at data in an entirely different way, so they can identify ways to monetize and inform new business models (referred to as “infonomics”). It also requires a new understanding of the customer experience and how to use data about customers to deliver a personalised experience.
- Talent management. Leaders find ways to attract new types of top digital talent that will effectively turn digital use cases into a profitable digital capability, quickly and efficiently. Too often we also see organisations that have designated web content creators or marketing assistants that do not fully utilise data capturing; reducing ROI. Talent management in this area is also needed by today’s digital leadership.
how this service works
Like all our consultancy, mentoring and business advice we first have a dialogue with you about the levels of your digital understanding. We discuss what your particular sector is or is not doing and we look at the challenges and opportunities you have in your existing digital infrastructure. We’ll also look at other communications such as social media and digital revenue.
We offer audit and reporting services if need be and make recommendations. We also set out regularly meetings with you to discuss how you are exercising and leading digital transformation or adoption in your organisation. Sometimes we work as part of your team as your digital lead until the organisation has the right infrastructure in place to manage themselves.
Need digital leadership in your organisation?
Examples of Our Work
Check out some the design and digital programmes we have been involved in over our 20 years in the creative industries.